This Is Scouting
The Boy Scouts of America is part of the worldwide Scouting Program. It is an organization dedicated to furthering the development of boys, ages 11 to 21.
Troop 740 is part of the:
- Golden Arrow District (GAD), in the southwest portion of the:
- Sam Houston Area Council (SHAC) of Scouting.
The goals of the Boy Scout Program are to:
- Instill strong moral values.
- Teach the principles of good citizenship.
- Provide a structure in which boys can learn leadership skills.
- Promote self-confidence and accomplishment through the Advancement Program.
- Encourage Teamwork through the Patrol Method.
- Create an awareness of and respect for the outdoors and the environment.
- Be a place where boys can find lifelong friends and lifelong memories.
- Provide a Program that is both fun and directed to fulfilling these goals.
Just read and think about the Boy Scout Law:
A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.
These 12 points of the Scout Law sum up an expression of high morals and good citizenship that we should all strive for. They are our guiding principles and our primary